Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
- Leo Buscaglia


Friday, March 8, 2013

Some Help for a Friend

     A number of weeks ago, my wife and I happened to bump into a friend of mine as we went out to dinner.  As we briefly caught up with each other, he told me about some challenges he was having in his business and how much my book was helping him.  Upon hearing about some of those challenges, I offered that I'd be happy to provide some help over lunch one day, to which he readily agreed.
     When I got home that night, I was sure to follow up to make sure we got that lunch scheduled, not wanting my offer to be perceived as anything less than sincere.  Today we got together for that lunch.
     Over a couple of hours, I got to know this friend and his business much better, and was able to share some helpful advice on a variety of topics.  I was glad to be able to parlay my knowledge and experience into something that was helpful for a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment